2016 International Conference on Sport Pedagogy, Health, and Wellness (ICSPHW)
The College of Human Kinetics of the University of the Philippines has been organizing the National Conference on Sport Pedagogy since 2012. The past three conferences have been well-attended by Physical Educators, Sport Science practitioners, Coaches and Human Movement specialists from all over the Philippines.
This year, in cooperation with the Sport Management Council of the Philippines and with the support and endorsement of the Asian Council of Exercise and Sport Science, UP-CHK is proud to present the 2016 International Conference on Sport Pedagogy, Health & Wellness (ICSPHW 2016). The conference theme is PE Plus: Retooling Physical Education for Inclusion, Development and Competition.
Over twenty international scholars specializing in Physical Education and Sport Sciences have been invited to share their knowledge and expertise. Philippine officials from the Department of Education, Department of Health and the Philippine Sports Commission have also been invited.
The conference culminates in a special forum on “How to PE Plus?” to be moderated by the conference adviser Professor Dr. Ming Kai Chin and keynote speaker, Professor Dr. Gudrun Doll-Tepper.
ICSPHW promises to present different perspectives and frameworks in the study and practice of Physical Education. Participants can also improve practical knowledge or learn choose to participate in a Lecture and a Movement workshop, each running for 2 hours. In addition, researches will have the opportunity to disseminate their findings through the poster and oral paper presentations.
The conference objectives are as follows:
- To impart knowledge on best practices and techniques in teaching Physical Education geared towards Inclusion, holistic development and in preparation for competition.
- To showcase different perspectives and frameworks around the world in the effective administration of Physical Education.
- To promote a culture of life-long fitness through the innovative and sport-science based practices in teaching PE
- To provide a opportunity for communication and collaboration among participants and invited speakers on how to expand, improve and innovate the administration of Physical Education
- To create opportunities for forging professional ties with colleagues in the ASEAN countries and the rest of the world.